We frequently receive calls from our community seeking care outside of our scope of expertise. There are many fantastic phyisicans, therapists, and care providers in our community. The following is a list of providers to whom we confidently refer our clients.
Austin Neurology & Sleep AssociatesA comprehensive outpatient neurology and sleep center with a mission to provide patients and their families with thorough and tailored evaluations and plans of management.
Austin Family PsychiatryA psychiatry practice providing psychiatric care to children, adolescents, and adults with a mission to work toward a meaningful, therapeutic relationship and a patient-centered treatment plan.
Stephanie Dang, APRN, ACNS-BC, PMHNP-BCA psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner providing adults over 18 years of age with psychiatric evaluation, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, including medication management for mood disorders, anxiety, psychotic, and cognitive disorders, PTSD, and ADHD.
Southwest Pediatric AssociatesA pediatric medical clinic with a mission to provide a place where patients receive outstanding care in a very personal setting. All physicians are Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and are Fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Austin Biofeedback and EEG Neurofeedback CenterAn outpatient center offering biofeedback, EEG neurofeedback, individual and group therapy, aimed at helping clients respond to many conditions including anxiety, migraines, depression, ADHD and other learning disorders, chronic pain, stress, PTSD, and performance enhancement.
Just MindJust Mind is a center of excellence focused on providing comprehensive psychological care to adults, couples, teenagers and children. Our skilled group of counselors and psychologists are trained to meet the unique emotional and diagnostic needs of the clients they are matched with. We pride ourselves on creating a comfortable and therapeutic environment where you and your loved ones feel comfortable sharing their successes and challenges without judgement.
Programs aimed at improving cognitive functioning
- AARP (https://www.aarp.org/health/brain-health/brain_games)
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (https://www.ncld.org)
Books regarding memory
- Your Memory: How It Works and How to Improve It by Kenneth L. Higbee
- The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play by Harry Lorayne and Jerry Lucas
Books about ADHD
- Taking Charge of ADHD by Russell Barkley
- Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell & John Ratey
- ADHD-Hyperactivity: A Consumer’s Guide by Michael Gordon
- Parenting Children With ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach by Vincent J. Monastra, Ph.D.
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline, M.D., and Jim Fay
- The Whole Brain Child: 12 Recolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel J Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson